2016 is fast approaching and instead of doing my annual video series, I figured I’d just write about what I liked and hated as 2016 comes to a close.
What I liked:
- Watts Digital – My freelance business caught on and I learned even more of what it was like to run a business on my own.
- Triangle Marketing Club – The Triangle Marketing Club grew, grew, and grew. We had a record number of people show up and the benefits of it just keep coming.
- Online Content – A lot of my favorite online personalities finally took the plunge and started new ventures, including Justin R Young, Bill Simmons, and Joshua Topolsky.
- Oakland Raiders – My Oakland Raiders made it back into the playoffs this year. Sadly, though it doesn’t look like they will go far as star quarterback David Carr is now injured.
What I didn’t like:
- Hate speech – Whichever side of the coin you’re on, I think that you will agree that there was plenty of hate speech and mud-throwing that happened as we had another presidential election year.
- I slacked. I slacked a lot this year in terms of content creation. Here’s to a year that I do a lot more in terms of content creation and solo representation.
- Alcohol – Alcohol and Drugs had an important impact on my life this year as I had a family member go through Rehab.
- Sunrise – The rich got richer and the poor got poorer in 2016. Sadly, my favorite calendar Sunrise was one of the many technology acquisitions that happened.
- Twitter – Twitter the platform continues to get worst every day. As executive after executive leaves, I’m wondering what will happen next to my once favorite platform.